Leyla Arsan, CEO of TAGES and Projects Consultant Gurbet Deniz Yavuz gave an EU and National R&D and Innovation Grant Programmes Training Seminar to the Ericsson Team on 29 April 2011, in Istanbul, Bebek.
EU and National R&D and Innovation Grant Programmes Training Seminar was organized on 29 April 2011, Istanbul for the Ericsson R&D Team. Leyla Arsan, CEO of TAGES and Projects Consultant Gurbet Deniz Yavuz provided information and their experiences on accessing funding programmes such as EU 7th Framework Programme, Competitiveness and Innovation Programme (CIP), EUREKA and EUROSTARS Programmes and National TUBITAK-TEYDEB R&D Support Programme, San-Tez Programme and Technology Development Foundation of Turkey Support Programme (TTGV). They pointed out the funding mechanisms for each programme, rules for participation and project submission, important points in funding programmes with examples of funded projects in which Turkish companies have participated.The training was also focused on the importance and the necessity of establishing collaborative networks for the projects. Consultants provided information on how to find potential partners, how to contact with partners, how to participate to networks, and how to manage a project consortium.
The programme of the training is designed in order to inform the participants on the following general topics:
- The General Structure of the EU Programmes and Projects
- EU 7th Framework Programme and its processes
- Reading and understanding the work programmes and the call for proposal documents
- Following up the projects and carrying out communication in Europe
- Partnership building and project preparation in EU 7th Framework Programme
- Financial and administrative processes in EU and national projects
- The consortium and Intellectual property agreements
- The General Structure of EURAKA/EUROSTARS Programmes
- The General Structure of SAN-TEZ (Industry-Thesis) Programmes
- The General Structure of TUBİTAK/TEYDEB Support Programmes
- The General Structure of TTGV Support Programmes
- Relations with collaborative networks and partners
- Relations with the European Commission
The training realized through an interactive method with the participation of about 20 Ericsson R&D professionals in a cosy atmosphere and the participants had the chance of learning the mechanisms of funding programmes and had a vision of the collaboration and networking environment in European R&D community.