Project Title: Business Incubator Management Training Institute (SUMMIT II)
Project Duration: 24 months
Start Date: February 2008
Funding Authority: European Commission-Lifelong Learning Programme-Leonardo da Vinci
Type of Instrument: Multilateral Projects Transfer of Innovation
SUMMIT II project is based on the SUMMIT project, ended in October 2006 and aimed at developing a set of training models for incubator manager and staff, as well as for entrepreneurs and policy makers concentrating on developing their management skills.
The primary objective of SUMMIT II is to further develop and disseminate the Training and Information Resource for the personnel of business incubators in order to enhance their business performance.
SUMMIT II aims to;
1. support participants in training and further training activities, in the acquisition and the use of knowledge, skills and qualifications to facilitate personal development, employability and participation in the European Labour Market,
2. support improvements in quality and innovation in vocational education and training systems, institutions and practices,
3. enhance the attractiveness of vocational education and training and mobility for employers and individuals and to facilitate the mobility of working trainees.
Participant organisation name
Participant org. short name
1. First Elements Euroconsultants Ltd
2. Zernike Group Holding B.V.
3. South East European Research Center
4. TAGES Industry and Information Technology Research Development Implementation Inc
5. European Business and Innovation Centre Network
6. Foundation Sophia Antipolis
7. Technobee Project and Technology Development, Management, Education and Consultancy Services Ltd.
- set-up of the e-learning management platform
- production of the e-learning software modules
- hosting, operation and maintenance of the e-learning website.
- A Training Needs Analysis in the new countries and an update of the previous one by including the statistics that were reported via the project website, desk research and pilot test results.
- The development of additional modules, building on the Training Resource developed under SUMMIT and the TNA.
- The development of case studies to existing modules; and new case studies from all partners supporting the new models
- The translation of existing materials into new partner country languages and the translation of new modules into Turkish and other language to be decided within the course of the project.
- Promotion and dissemination of the SUMMIT Training and Information Resources, through presentations at conferences, promotion on existing online networks and through networks to which Business Incubators are members.
- The development of an online community of Brussels Incubators who access the SUMMIT Training and Information Resources