Machine Manufacturers started to form cooperative networks by support of Machine Manufacturers Association of Turkey (MIB) within the activities of VERITAS Project funded by EU 6th Framework Programme. TAGES is the consultant of MIB on VERITAS Project and coordinates all cooperative network activities.
Machine Manufacturers from different sectors, have learnt the advantages of cooperative networks and virtual enterprises in manufacturing by listening previous European network experiences like Swiss Microtech Network; presented their network and shared experiences in Istanbul on Jan 2005.
Machine Manufacturers decided to establish networks on the following categories:
- Capacity sharing between companies of the same sector for the existing markets
- Competence sharing between companies of different sectors and manfacturing products for a specific sector
- Joint marketing activities of different sectors companies for specific markets
- R&D competences sharing and creating new markets
Working groups have already been started to work and discuss on how to create industrial cooperative networks and then become a cluster.
Machine manufacturers by forming these networks, aim to
- decrease manufacturing costs
- increase marketing capabilities
- increase international marketing power
- increase technology transfer and know-how
- increase exporting volume
TAGES is the consultant of MIB on VERITAS Project and coordinates all cooperative network activities.