TAGES is identifying and targeting SMEs working in renewable energy sector in order to encourage and support them to participate in the 7th Framework Projects. By September 2007, TAGES is screening 150 Turkish SMEs via questionnaires that they will conduct to the relevant SMEs to understand their RTD potential. After pre-screening TAGES will select 20 SMEs with an innovation potential to participate in the FIRE project.
FIRE was launched on 1st December 2006 and is a 3 year project co-funded by the European Commission. FIRE is an initiative supported within the framework of ‘Stepping up Economic and Technological Intelligence’ (ETI) actions of the Sixth Framework Programme. FIRE is made up of 14 partners from 11 countries across Europe, all experts in their field of technology or SME support and aims to assist SMEs face the challenges posed by the evolving environment of the energy sector.
Within the project TAGES is…
- Targeting 150 Turkish SMEs to participate in the project by sending out the mailing in Turkey and screening suitable SMEs via questionnaires
- After pre-screening will select 20 SMEs with an innovation potential to participate in the FIRE project
- Carrying out the Innovation Audits in Turkey and selecting suitable Turkish SMEs to participate in the FIRE project
- Hosting a European Workshop in Turkey
- Mobilizing research centers, NGOs and public organisations to take part in the European Renewable Energy Technology Platform to be established in the project
- Managing dissemination of project results in Turkey
How will I as an SME benefit from participating in FIRE?
The FIRE project will support you as an SME by increasing its research and development capabilities. It will offer you assistance in the exploitation of that research and, as a result, help you to turn research into real business opportunities.
If your company is interested to be a FIRE SME and to take part in the European Renewable Energy Research activities, please contact us via e-mail or telephone.
Telephone: +90 212 …
What are the benefits I will reap after I submit the participation form?
In order to generate a knowledge platform specific to the Renewable Energy Sector, FIRE experts will have in-depth discussions and interviews with the selected SMEs. These Innovation Consultants will gather information in terms of SMEs area of expertise, innovation capacity, innovation needs and RTD expertise.
The FIRE project offers a structured support service for SMEs interested in participating actively in European R&D projects. It organises 2 day technology based workshops throughout Europe, offering a unique opportunity for thematic training, individual assistance, expert advice and a platform for personal networking.
For more information: